Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Body sox rock!

I bought a few fun things online to add to Nate's sensory box. He loves his body sock. These things run about $50 but oriental trading.com had one super cheap for about $15. It is definitely cheap quality but it does what it needs. Nate loves it and has been curling up in it to watch tv or just roll around. He had OT and ST today. His SPIO is coming next week. Woo hoo!! It's a deep pressure vest that helps his body awareness. My crapola insurance won't pay for anything that's sensory related. They are also not paying part of Nate's eval with the developmental ped. I'm going to call them again tomorrow since they said they'd pay 100% over the phone. Grrrr.

I'm curious to see how he relates to the other things I got. I'll update after he plays with them.

2 comments:

Hartley said...

Hi,

I stumbled onto your blog today and thought I would say hi!

My boys have SPD and are seekers too. : ) We love the body socks -- they are awesome, huh?

Thanks for sharing,
Hartley
Author of This is Gabriel Making Sense of School
www.hartleysboys.com
SPD Blogger Network

Unknown said...

I've seen the body soxs on oriental trading before but for the life of me can't find it on their site now. do you know what they call them on the site so I can find the product?